FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 04, 2006

first blog, first post

Just finished the text of The Bob Dylan Encyclopedia, to be published by Continuum in New York and London on June 15, 2006. Hardback with CD-Rom included. $40 and £25.

This May it'll be 40 years since I first saw him in concert - Liverpool Odeon, 14 May, 1966.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Gray said...

Kingsley - many thanks for your enthusiasm. Yes, the encyclopedia includes an entry on each album, including "Love and Theft", though not of course at the sort of length the chapters-format of "Song & Dance Man III" allowed. But I love "Love and Theft": it's warm, good-humoured, humane and teeming with WRITING!

1:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, Your encyclopedia sounds great I can't wait. I just found it interesting that you first saw Bob at that show in Liverpool as my Dad just gave me his program and two ticket stubs from that show, which is when he first saw him too. My Mum walked out during the electric part and my Dad "had" to chase after her otherwise I wouldn't be writing this I guess. My Dads musical taste has had a great influence on my life much to the chagrin of my Mother, but I think life is richer for it. Looking forward to the book. Thanks, Gavin.

3:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home