FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 01, 2006

June 1st . . . two weeks till publication day for The Bob Dylan Encyclopedia, and my own first copies arrived in the post this morning. Such a weird feeling to see it as an object, to pick it up and open it, hold it, browse this book, after a year of seeing it only as Word Documents on the screen. And now it's a hardback: heavy and beautiful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Gray

My copy of the first edition of song and dance man, loaned from the local library, was due back on 18th October 1976.

To quote the renewal form glued on the inside cover: “This book is due for return on or before the latest date marked below. Borrowers retaining the book beyond the period allowed will be charged ½ p per day, excluding Sundays, Wednesdays and Public Holidays.”

That library book is now almost thirty years overdue! I dread to think what I must owe in fines. Fines have got to be twenty pence a book per day now aint they? Even at the halfpenny rate it’s up to forty odd quid, so it must be six or seven hundred by now.

Anyway, I would just like to say that I read that book half a dozen times when I was getting into bob in the mid seventies. And I'd just like to say thanks.

jackobob

11:49 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Dear Jackobob
Sorry to have taken so long to say thank you for your very kind comments. Glad to read them. Best wishes~
Michael

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home