FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

FROM MY NOTEBOOKS

I realised that this blog could work as an outlet for stuff I jot down in notebooks all the time but don't necessarily get a chance to put into print. So here's a starter:

The Puritans were against bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to bears but because it gave pleasure to people.

I'd like to think Randy Newman knows that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know that he has a song about it that he just hasn't published or recoded yet.

Thank You and

Congratulations.

I bought THE Encyclopeadia last week and I AM very impressed (and I thought I mightn't be) It stans beside your other book(s) and Paul Oliver's books on the blues.

I've been searching for a review of Modern Times - in vain?

Best Wishes

Edward Hatton

the.eulipion@gmail.com

2:44 am  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Edward - thanks for this. Re Modern Times, see comments on what's now the last but one blog entry.

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home