FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

TONIGHT 41 YEARS AGO...

... I saw Bob Dylan in concert for the first time. And of course that tour's version of The Hawks. Liverpool Odeon, May 14, 1966. Bob was ten days off turning 25. I was 19.

In the US, Blonde On Blonde was officially released two days later, but in practice it wasn't generally available till that June. So Highway 61 Revisited was still his latest album.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still go to that cinema occasionally, if you mean the one on London Road. I often wonder when I'm watching a film if the screen I'm in is the same one in which Bob and the Hawks wowed everyone.

What more can I say? Except I'm jealous that you got to see them - though grateful that at least some people there weren't booing!

Best of luck with Blind Willie, the cover looks fantastic . . .

Andy.

11:45 am  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Hi Andy
Yes, the one in London Road, on the left-hand side as you tumble down the hill towards the corner with Lime Street.

You might be less jealous if you bear in mind that to be there then you'd have to be pushing about 60 now - like me...

But anyway thank you so much for your enthusiasm about the new book (Hand Me My Travelin' Shoes). It's a pity Bloomsbury has just decided to put the price up from £20 to £25, but there we go... Publication date still July 2nd.

Best wishes~
Michael

6:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home