FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 21, 2007

OCCASIONAL PHOTOS, NO.11

One of the photos on the shortlist for the Bob Dylan Encyclopedia
Rob Stoner, Link Wray, Anton Fig and Robert Gordon
[photo c/o Rob Stoner]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, I don't know if you can help me, but I'm keen to know if there is a demo version of Dylan singing 'Love is Just a Four Letter Word' in existence? I've never come across it on any bootlegs anywhere and I'm starting to suspect he may never have recorded a version at all - surely it would have cropped on the Bootleg Series 1-3 alongside 'Farewell Angelina' if it had? Anyway, it's a beautiful song and I thought that a collector like yourself may know more than most about whether there is a version doing the rounds.

11:19 am  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Hi Jake
There is no Dylan recording of this song. I double-checked this with Glen Dundas earlier today (he's the compiler of a series of mega Dylan discographies, the most recent of which is TANGLED: A Recording History of Bob Dylan, Thunder Bay; SMA Services, 2004).

3:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that's a shame Michael, but thanks a lot for letting me know - at least I can stop searching now.

Cheers for helping.

3:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home