FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

MINNESOTA RADIO INTERVIEWS WITH CRITICS

Minnesota Public Radio has put online the interviews it conducted, with various Dylan critics and other relevant figures, live on the walkway outside the Weisman Museum while the Highway 61 Revisited symposium was happening in March this year.

The artists interviewed were Anne Waldman and Bobby Vee, and the critics were Greil Marcus, Christopher Ricks, Dave Marsh and me.

I thank Terry Kelly for drawing all this to my attention. I was completely unaware of it. I listened to my own interview first, of course, and it was just about ok - mostly a plug for my own books, and full of the lazy use of the word “thing”, and all pretty facile - but then I listened to Greil Marcus and, as when I heard him speak at the symposium, I’m impressed by his sincerity, undiminished affection for Dylan & respect for his artistry, and his unfaltering articulacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home