FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

NEW TOUR OF TALKS: BOB DYLAN & THE POETRY OF THE BLUES

I'm setting up a new tour of gigs, performing a revised & updated Bob Dylan & the Poetry Of The Blues show/talk. This will run between mid-February and the end of May 2009, and I'm looking for venues in the UK, Europe and North America.

If anyone has connexions with any suitable arts centre, small arts theatre or college, perhaps they could contact me either by posting a comment re this item or by e-mailing me off-blog at lawdylawdy(AT)hotmail.com.

Thank you.

(Meanwhile a number of new 1-CD compilation choices have been added as comments to the post two down from this one.)

7 Comments:

Blogger On The Nail said...

Hi Michael,

We're a new organisation here in Limerick, Ireland and would love to have you present your show here. What are your terms and conditions? You can email me at limerickwriterscentre@gmail.com

Best,

Dominic Taylor
http://limerickwriterscentre.wordpress.com/

8:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not that long since your last visit but I'm sure Liverpool would welcome you back with open arms - I know so many amateur Dylanologists enjoyed your last talk. The Bluecoat has recently been revamped and Philip Norman is due to speak there on his Lennon book in a couple of weeks. The Unity theatre in Liverpool is also currently presenting some talks by authors, some of which are in the smaller function rooms in St George's Hall. Great building!

9:57 pm  
Blogger Cami.CC said...

Dear Mr. Gray,

I am Camellia C.Cheriki, a student of English literature from Iran. I'm writing my MA thesis and its titles is "Revolution and Mavericism as Romantic Trends in the Selected Lyrics of Bob Dylan". I would appreciate your help if you can give me some hints.

Thank you
Sincerely yours
Camellia C.Cheriki
cameliacch@yahoo.com

2:02 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Dear Dominic and Andy
Thank you both for these responses. I shall be following up both of them. (As it happens, Andy, my last Liverpool appearance was in June 2004. Time flies - and much less obviously than a jet plane.)

Dear Camellia
My books are detailed studies of Dylan's work. Only you can take from them the particular things that might be helpful to you. But thank you for writing. Good Luck with the MA!

2:26 pm  
Blogger Windy said...

The talk a few years ago in Southport was excellent and as 'andy said' Liverpool as some fantastic venues. Theres also an airport to land your jet plane!!

12:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael: Is there any chance that the Toronto area is on your agenda?

Thanks, YC

5:36 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Dear Yvonne
I'd love to include Toronto. My usual crowd is about 100-200 people per show. Any ideas about venues?

9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home