FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 05, 2009

THIRD EXTRA DATE ADDED: HOLMFIRTH

This will not be the last date to be added, but it will be the last date of my tour:
BOB DYLAN & THE POETRY OF THE BLUES
Sat June 6, 8pm
Holmfirth Arts Festival, Holmfirth, UK
Holmfirth Church, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Box Office: 01484 682644 / info@holmfirthartsfestival.co.uk
tickets £10.

It's a town I know. For many years the woman who had first introduced me to Bob Dylan's work lived in Holmfirth, in an unbelievably cold ex-chapel up on a hill, with her wood-sculptor bloke. So I'm happy to find that my last date will be there in Last Of The Summer Wine country.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will Bob Dylan release a new album before his european tour?I heard about a listening session at Sony U.K the next week, do you know something about that?

3:40 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

I believe they aim to release the album to coincide with the European tour - and that when they announce a second London date, supposedly at a less impersonal venue, Dylan just might preview something from the album. I've heard this from more than one separate source, but I know no more than that: and please note that I'm saying "I believe", "supposedly" and "just might".

10:28 pm  
Blogger Theokie said...

Hello Michael. I heard your recent interview with Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio. I expect Dylan's 2009 UK tour will be another case of 'Stage Fright' behind the keyboards. Still the supposed new album may make up for that, and I'll be among the crowd he's 'in with' at Liverpool in May.

8:19 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Dear Theokie
Fair enough. I'd like to hope you might also take a ferry 'cross the Mersey and come to my event BOB DYLAN & THE POETRY OF THE BLUES in Birkenhead on March 6: Pacific Road Arts Centre, Wirral CH41 1LJ, Box Office: 0151 666 0000 or:
http://www.pacificroad.co.uk/webpages/booking.asp, tickets £10, £8 concessions.

11:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you give us an idea of what your talk of Bob Dylan and the Poetry of the Blues contains?

3:21 am  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Steve H: how d'you mean?

5:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home