FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 19, 2009

AND WEARING A BLIND WILLIE McTELL HAT . . .

. . . In between the Bob Dylan & the Poetry of the Blues events, I'm doing one called IN SEARCH OF BLIND WILLIE McTELL in CORK, IRELAND - at the Triskel Arts Centre in Tobin Street (off Grand Parade and South Main St) - next Wednesday, March 25th. Tickets are just €8, with €6 for concessions, the start time is 8pm, and a write-up is on the venue's website at http://www.triskelartscentre.ie/. Box Office there, from within the Republic of Ireland, is 021 4272022.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you planning a Blind willie McTell tour in the foreseeable future?

4:15 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Yes - well, that is, I have it in mind to do one, but I haven't been able to start constructing anything remotely practical yet, because I've been sorting out the interminable details of the Bob-Poetry-Blues tour . . . but what I'd like to do is stomp around Willie's home state of Georgia, in particular, doing talks about him and about researching Hand Me My Travelin' Shoes, when the US hardback is published in September.

Thanks for asking. (But where are you?)

5:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MIchael,
I recently finished Hand Me My Travelin' Shoes and thought it to be one of the finest music books I have ever read. I am actually doing a project on the development of R&B music over time (an idea kick started by your book!) and would love to get your thoughts on the subject.
Has the genre completely lost all artistic merit?
Is it now just a way of selling clothes and perfumes to impressionable young people?
Looking forward to seing you in Whelans,
Kevin

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home