FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

NEW WEBSITE BUILT AND UP ONLINE AT LAST!

I'm very pleased to say that today has seen the launch of my website, www.michaelgray.net.

It won't replace this blog or my Hand Me My Travelin' Shoes blog -  though both can now be reached via the new site as well as by the traditional routes  -  but the aim of the website is to offer a solid body of material and information, actively maintained & developed; a way for people to contact me without having to log in to a blog to send a "Comment"; and, since my work is my living, a clear, consistent way of being able to offer my work for sale without having to post recurrent blogs about these things.

As ever, your views and suggestions are welcome.

6 Comments:

Blogger joe butler said...

impressive site Michael and impressive hair in 1966
are you related to Jerry G ?

11:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just sent you an email via your new website contact address, but it was returned, informing me I am an "unauthorized sender." Anyway, here it is here and I would love to become an authorized sender.

George Lewis--University of the Pacific. glewis4u@sbcglobal.net

Hi Michael

Thanks again for such a fascinating lecture at Univ of the Pacific. I particularly enjoyed that Letterman clip--so typical of Bob and, from what I hear, the sort of thing he loves to do with his band most nights, too...

In any case, still trying to figure out how come "A Series Of Dreams" does not appear in your encyclopedia (and I went back and checked the index and it does not appear in there, under some other major heading as we were supposing at lunch here. Also it is only mentioned with respect to the bootleg album, just identifying it (in a list) as one of the tracks on two of them--in most recent SONG AND DANCE MAN.

In any case, just caught my interest that that particular song has seemed to cleverly evade your analytic eye. But, given the number Dylan has penned, I imagine a number fall into that category for one reason or another.

In any event, it was great meeting you and perhaps we can keep a connection up on one thing or other. I too have been involved in Dr. Z's work at least since my first article, "Mixed Up Confusion," as I think I also mentioned to you at lunch.

Hope the "tour" is going wonderfully and, again, certainly enjoyed meeting you and taking in the Blues lecture here at Pacific.

PFL,

George Lewis

9:05 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Thanks, Joe.

Hi George: thanks for your kind comments. Sorry 'Series of Dreams' bugs you so much. Put it down to bog-standard human fallibility on my part. I'm sorrier to hear of the glitch with e-mailing me via the website. There isn't supposed to be any such thing as an "unauthorised sender". The whole point is to be accessible. It must be teething troubles. Let's hope it isn't recurrent.

10:54 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

I've had further e-mails come through without trouble, so I hope the glitch is limited and won't put other people off.

Thanks~
Michael

11:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think there may be some comment on Series of Dreams in Song and Dance Man...

3:01 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Yes indeed - mostly pages 626-631: quite a lot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

3:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home