FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

COMPLETE LIST OF PUBLISHED ARTICLES PUT UP ONLINE

Last night I completed, and put up online, a list of all the articles, essays and other bits & pieces I've had published down the years, from a Nature Notes paragraph in the Liverpool Daily Post in 1963 (I was a schoolboy at the time, and knew nothing about nature - least of all my own) through to this year's work, which has included an obituary of Gerry Rafferty and the sleevenotes to the Bob Dylan in Concert: Brandeis University 1963 album. What a lot of hackwork I've had to do to keep body and soul together across the decades. More generally, what a lot of work...

The list is titled Articles and is in the drop-down menu under Work on www.michaelgray.net.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Rainer said...

Now, that really looks/reads like a lot of work! Very impressive, to say the least ...

2:35 pm  
Anonymous Rambling Gambling Gordon said...

Michael
Have you thought of perhaps putting the articles that aren't going to be in your new book up for inspection/sale online?

5:14 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Thank you both for your comments. Gordon: no, I haven't thought of it that way, though some of them are available to be read by subscribers to Rocks Back Pages. I should think about it, though, at least.

As for the new book, well, I've been more than somewhat delayed by organising and then fulfilling the tour dates I undertook earlier this year. (I only returned from Ireland at the end of April, and am leaving for Vienna next Tuesday. Then in Bristol and Lincoln before getting back here at the end of May.) So the process of selecting what work to include in the book is not yet complete.

In the meantime, though, two of the entries in The Bob Dylan Encyclopedia are being re-published tomorrow in The Mammoth Bob Dylan Book edited by Sean Egan & published by Constable & Robinson.

No-one at my own publisher's bothered to tell me this was happening, incidentally: I found out by chance yesterday. And only today discovered which pieces they've used ('Madhouse on Castle Street' and 'Masked and Anonymous').

7:26 pm  
Anonymous Olal Schmerz said...

Michael

Was wondering about this post on Rock's Back Pages:

http://www.rocksbackpagesblogs.com/2010/08/percys-song/

It appears to confuse Percy Mayfield, the great songwriter, who wrote "Please send me someone to Love" and "Louisiana" (which Bob featured on his Radio show at least once) and the equally great Curtis Mayfield of Impressions and "Superfly" fame.

7:22 am  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Quite right: my embarrassing mistake. There it is - online forever, I suppose.

4:17 pm  
Anonymous Olal Schmerz said...

Michael

As we say in Ireland, it could happen to a Bishop (and increasingly does)...

Funny thing is, you actually mention the album Curtis Live in the article..

7:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home