FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

BOB DYLAN'S PHOTO LOCATIONS: NEW STUFF


This morning I've seen Bob Egan's latest detective-work in hunting down previously-unidentified locations for well-known Bob Dylan photo-shoots. I blogged before about his establishing of where the cover shot of Highway 61 Revisited was done. Now he's posted some new results here. I think the work he does on this is rather brilliant, and that he's admirable for both the originality of the task he's set himself and the ingenuity he brings to it. I think it's a pity he calls his site PopSpots  -  RockSpots would sound a little less quaint/gagafied  -  but more power to him anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fascinating piece of research. I was lucky enough to read his page about the Highway 61 album cover before my first trip to NYC earlier this year, and I made the obligatory trip to Gramercy Park. Now I need find an excuse for a second trans-Atlantic holiday!

6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home