FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

DYLAN AND WILLIE...

There's an exceptional rave preview for Hand Me My Travelin' Shoes: In Search of Blind Willie McTell - so kind about me that I should keep quiet about it, but, er, I can't - here at Steven Hart's literary blog Life On Digital Grub Street. (You can also see it on my other blog.) Mr. Hart seems to think it's already available from Amazon.co.uk. It isn't: I'm still working on proof corrections. Publication date is July 2nd.

On this blog, meanwhile, Minneapolis 4th Time Around should follow before 4pm Thursday (not Friday!), UK time: because after that Sarah and I and a good friend called Sue will be setting off for Newcastle Arena to catch Bob Dylan's concert.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thrown off by the release date info in the Amazon listing, which I see changed after I posted. I've adjusted the wording of my advance notice to reflect this.

No other adjustments necessary -- all other statements hold. I look forward to reading the book whenever it comes out. COngratulations and good luck with it.

8:59 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Dear Steven
Thank you for your comment. As I've mentioned in brief on my blog about the McTell book, your own posting was not only terrific to read but appeared at a most opportune moment: just as I was feeling swamped by working through the first set of proofs. It was very heartening and a great balm to read of your enthusiasm.

Congratulations on your own book too, by the way: it sounds truly beguiling. I love those story-behind-the-story narratives: and in fact have tried to do some of that with Hand Me My Travelin' Shoes.

Very best wishes
Michael.

PS. For other readers, Steven Hart’s first book, The Last Three Miles: Politics, Murder, and the Construction of America’s First Superhighway, will be published in June by The New Press in the US. I hope Bruce Springsteen will read it.

10:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home