FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

BLOGGER BLAMES BLOG BLANK ON BIRTHDAY

I'm reduced to sheepishness on finding it's 12 days since my last blog. All I can say is that life has been hectic with chores and general labour, even on the 25th, my birthday. Last year I spent my 60th on holiday in a villa in Dalyan, Turkey, and went up in a microlight, circling above the beautiful delta and seeing a big turtle moving purposefully along in the sea below. (Dalyan's delta is the site of the river winding through reed beds that was used in the Bogart-Hepburn film African Queen) This year I stepped out onto Highway 61 by staying at home and painting the kitchen. No contest...

Others who share(d) August 25th as a birthday include Wayne Shorter, Joanne Whalley, Governor George Wallace of Alabama, Claudia Schiffer, Elvis Costello, Martin Amis, horse painter George Stubbs, vegetarian rapper Shock G, Ludwig I of Bavaria, Charlie Burse of the Memphis Jug Band, first black tennis champion Althea Gibson, and the 19th Century American humourist Bill Nye, whose surviving quotes include this great one: "I'm told that Wagner's music is better than it sounds."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And 25 August 1945 is the day that John Birch was killed. (Thought you'd like the Dylan connection.)

8:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday michael.... for the other day.....& maaaaaaaaaaay you stayyyy foreeeever young x

1:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home