FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Friday, October 16, 2009

WHERE HAS MY BLOG GONE?: UPDATE OCT 17

Maybe it's just the computers I'm on, but when I look at this blog, the whole thing is blank apart from the links etc in the left-hand column. Where have all my blogs gone?! Any advice please?

Thanks to everyone who responded to this: so it was just the motel computers I was on. Now I'm on a better one (in tiny Byron GA) and it's all there again. Phew!

I also need to apologise to a couple of people who sent in comments a few days ago - because when I tried to let them through the moderation process, using the same dodgy motel computer, I was given a "BAD ERROR" message and the messages were swallowed up irretrievably. So if you're feeling rejected, don't. Re-send by all means if you wish.

(One of the messages was pasting a review of Christmas In The Heart from, I think, Fidelity or Fidelity Sound or similar. It was an ingenious argument for why the album is terrific...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the blogs have shifted down to underneath all the links, so they are still there and visible on the front page but just right down at the bottom - no idea why this should be I am afraid

10:35 pm  
Blogger Judas Priest said...

A missing Blog? Maybe it's headed to see the latest leg of Bob's tour-Based on the shows I've heard, Charlie Sexton has ignited proceedings to a new level. Great stuff. Bob's vocal may still be blown but by crikey he is making the most of it.... For the first time since I've been following Bob, I'm way more excited about the tour than the release of a new album. Actually, CITH isn't as bad as I feared (I like 5 of the songs which amounts to a third of the CD, more than I would have thought possible based on the samples)but the tour is where it is at at the moment- I still have to pinch myself occasionally to make sure the return of Charlie isn't some kind of dream...


P.S. I think it's the computer you are using which has the problem

Regards,

Garret

2:22 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Thanks for these and the many other comments. It does seem that whether the posts are right there or way down below the links simply depends on the computer you're on. Why Anonymous's screen shows them as having shifted down when they were ok before I just don't know. I'm just relieved to find that the whole thing still exists.

8:56 pm  
Blogger Judas Priest said...

The whole thing still definitely exists Michael. Just open up those lobes and give the new tour lash....

1:59 am  
Anonymous Kieran said...

Why don't you post the review of CITH the same way you wrote this one? I'm looking forward to your take on it...

12:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homer here, Michael, I hope the trip is going well.

"Does it exist"? That was a good trick of yours to get us all discussing "what is real and what is not".

It is good to see you still getting excited, Judas Priest, ( I say that guessing I know who you are - odd things these pseudonyms; of course you may not know who mine indicates...or whether it is real or not)

9:14 pm  
Blogger Judas Priest said...

I do indeed recognise the pseudonym Mr. Muir...hope you are keeping well. And as for the excitement, I'm certainly feeling it at the moment based on the Berkeley and Portland shows over the last couple of weeks. Mr. Sexton has made a big difference. Hope Bob and the boys can keep it up...

11:43 pm  
Blogger Bert's Plattenkochstudio said...

Underneath the radar? I watch this phenomenon days ago on your blog. All the posts came underneath the sidebar links. Now it's better :-)

cheers from Hamburg
Bert

3:05 pm  
Blogger Ross McCague said...

Bob and Charlie are smoking in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/user/stinaasen3#p/u/0/x6RUbpoRIvM

Good to see after that 'whatever it is that came out'.

6:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homer - is there any place anymore where one can read your thoughts on matters Bob? Would guess you're none too enthusiastic about Bob post '05 or so - just a guess. Feel free to tell me I guessed right or wrong.

7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home