FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 03, 2010

A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER CAN BE EXTREME

I know I don't normally sound off on political matters but now and then when they affect everyone on the planet I feel like shouting, and the dismal failure of the Copenhagen Climate Conference has been one such. Where, after all that wretched fudging, is Obama's "new kind of politics" now? Here is the wonderful, desperately sad front cover of Private Eye magazine for 11-24 December, which says it better than any shouting:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Bev said...

Agreed (although I'm not sure "politics" is quite the right word for such an important missed opportunity. "Simple bloody common sense" maybe).

10:08 pm  
Blogger joe butler said...

hi michael
as you havn't published my last 2 comments, I'll make this brief.
Its good to see you getting political, if only bob would follow suit, although I did enjoy his version of do re me on the history channel.
woody was alway a polemicist and wasn,t afraid of making statements.
dylan could be part of a campaign to pressure Barrack Obama to deliver more, as you and I and every armchair blogger could.

beet wishes
joe

9:05 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Joe
"You shouldn't take it so personal..." I haven't rejected your comments: I think there must have been some technohitch at work.

11:12 pm  
Blogger joe butler said...

"sooner or later one of us must know"
that you neatly avoided my substantive point that
you me bob and anyone listening should be
involved

11:40 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Oh, was that your substantive point? Sorry, I thought your complaint about rejection was. As for my "getting involved", I thought I'd done my public bit by posting A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER CAN BE EXTREME...

12:38 pm  
Blogger joe butler said...

ouch I resemble that comment

so michael it's business as usual, or politics with a very small p.

politics smolitics

are you bulding a raft?

yours in solidarity joe

6:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home