FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

STATESBORO SYNCHRONICITY

A great audience tonight at the Holiday Inn Statesboro GA for a sort of compressed version of a Bob Dylan Discussion Weekend  -  on the topic of Dylan & the Southern Musical Landscape  -  with much thanks to Professor Richard Flynn for compiling the music tracks we agreed upon, which ranged from the in-the-field footage of 'Only A Pawn In Their Game' to the "Love and Theft" recorded version of 'Mississippi'.

In a sports bar immediately afterwards, I was sitting over a glass of red wine when on the TV screen in front of me it said NEXT: KEVIN McHALE... What was the likelihood that two famous sons of Hibbing would pop their heads over this southern parapet within an hour of each other?

Kevin, you won't be surprised to learn, comports himself with a lot less cool than Bob.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jack Evans said...

Hibbing... where I met Michael Gray...

4:22 pm  
Anonymous Waldo Floyd said...

Michael...The Statesboro event was much fun. I am glad that my neice attended as she absorbed the Dylan discussion and has her author signed copy of "Travelin' Shoes". I wish that I could have stayed longer but commitment led me back to St. Simon's Isl. The weather has been cold and wet but the sun is shining today !
Hopefully, April showers will wait and allow you to smell the Athens dogwood as I head back to Macon.
Later my friend,
Waldo

12:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home