FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 08, 2008

DYLAN ENCYCLOPEDIA PAPERBACK DELAY/OTHER NEWS

The first paperback edition of The Bob Dylan Encyclopedia, with its text updated since the hardback of 2006, has been delayed until mid-June on both sides of the Atlantic. For me at least, better news is that my 2007 book Hand Me My Travelin' Shoes: In Search of Blind Willie McTell has been shortlisted for the James Tait Black Prize for Biography. Regardless of who will win (the winner is usually announced during the Edinburgh Festival in August), this is a really big step for me, and real affirmation. Not to mention very exciting...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the prize business. When are we finally going to see a U.S. edition of the McTell bio?

6:41 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

A hard question to answer - several US publishers are said (by my agent) to be very interested, but none has actually put their money where their mouth it - yet. But of course they should hurry up about it: they'll have to pay far more for the US rights if I should happen to win the James Tait Black!

9:29 pm  
Blogger maaghoorbaaghehha said...

hi, I've got some serious questions to ask you sir( maybe to have them printed in an interview with you, if you let me so), can I email you my questions?

1:15 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

Dear Adib
I have replied to this by private e-mail. Thank you for writing.

1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home