FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

5 EXTRA BOB & THE POETRY OF THE BLUES GIGS

I've added the following dates to my BOB DYLAN & THE POETRY OF THE BLUES tour:

Mon Apr 6, 8.30pm Hugh’s Room, Toronto, Canada
2261 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Box Office: 416-531-6604 / www.hughsroom.com/reservation.htm
tickets tba

Sat Apr 25, 8pm One Longfellow Square, Portland ME, US
181 State St. Suite 201,
Portland, Maine 04101, USA
Box Office: 207-239-1855 / www.onelongfellowsquare.com
tickets $18 in advance, $20 at the door

Sun May 10, 7.30pm The Quay Theatre, Suffolk, UK
Quay Lane, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2AN, UK
Box Office: 01787 374745
tickets £12 (Quay Friends £11)

Wed May 20, 7pm High Noon Saloon, Madison WI, US
701A E. Washington Avenue (or Hwy 151),
Madison Wisconsin 53703-2958
Box Office: 608-268-1122 / www.high-noon.com /
or locally thru B-Side Records, Mad City Music, Strictly Discs
tickets $15 in advance, $18 at the door

Thur May 21, 6pm Hibbing Public Library, Hibbing MN, US
2020 E. 5th Avenue, Hibbing, MN 55746
admission free but numbers limited
(this event is my contribution, and the Library's, to DYLAN DAYS 2009).

5 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

when will Bob Dylan come to Turkey? We love him, and wanna see in our country, especially me:)

7:26 pm  
Blogger Michael Gray said...

I don't know why he's never been to Turkey. I love visiting Turkey: such an easy country to travel around in (as long as you ignore the far eastern part, and as long as you're not put in prison for smuggling drugs...) My wife Sarah, a vegetarian, never has any trouble eating out in Turkey. (Unlike in France.)

I spent many weeks there in 1994, and we have made many shorter visits, before and since. I have sailed there (to Izmir) from Venice. I have travelled back into Turkey by coach from Syria. We have travelled the coast road by bus, played on the beach at Kizkalesi, and taken an overnight train across country, waking early to the sound of gunshots: it was the train driver trying to shoot rabbits for breakfast). I was in Dalyan on my 60th birthday - and flew in a microlight to mark the occasion. My children have both been white-water rafting up in the mountains there, and when my daughter was little, she wanted to move to Dalyan when she grew up.

So Bob doesn't know what he's missing.

But then he's never given concerts in Africa or India either . . .

10:36 pm  
Blogger Travis said...

I thought for a moment you bob, how i wish:)
how can we take him here? how can i connect with him? have you met him?

1:54 am  
Blogger Ross McCague said...

Great, Michael! I'm in Toronto. I'll try to catch your show at Hugh's Room.

3:46 am  
Anonymous Cumberland County Business Events said...

Ill catch his show. Love him.

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home