FOR CURRENT ACTIVITY SEE THE WEBSITE WWW.MICHAELGRAY.NET

MICHAELGRAY.NET

AND THE BLOG OUTTAKES

My Photo
Name:

the pioneer of Dylan Studies; writer, public speaker, critic; became a Doctor of Letters in 2015 (awarded by the University of York, UK)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Follow 1michaelgray1 on Twitter
 
Web bobdylanencyclopedia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

BOBDYLAN.COM: I'M ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE SUPERHIGHWAY

If anyone tries to contact me via bobdylan.com they'll fail. When I used to use Internet Explorer I couldn't get the revamped website to load at all - no trouble with any other website (or the original version of bobdylan.com) but never any success with that one. Since I switched to Mozilla Firefox I can access the site but cannot log in to get "private messages". Even though it sends me a daily e-mail telling me I have "private messages", if I try to log in it tells me that the same e-mail address isn't valid - and doesn't give me the usual "forgotten your password?" option.

I've consulted Dan Levy on the matter, and he's been helpful, but he's battling with website machinery he inherited from other people now that he's been brought back in to run things after that daft period when they dispensed with his services to revamp the site, largely by making it far more corporate and unpleasant. So there it is. I'm a stranger in the strange land of bobdylan.com.

Someone in there who can log in, apparently, has the username Gypsy Daisy - and the other day "The Bob Dylan Team" e-mailed (to my "invalid" e-address) to report that "Michael Gray's friend relationship to GypsyDaisy has been removed by GypsyDaisy." No wonder. Sorry, Gypsy, whoever you are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tricia said...

I'm in the same boat, Michael. Well, almost. I don't actually use the site for messages and don't attempt to log in, but the site simply will not load for me. Yesterday I was trying to view the "review the reviews" section (whatever that is) and left the tab open for a considerable time as it was taking so long I just left it. When I went back to the tab the page was still empty except for the heading bar and the little revolving whirlygig. I've given up on it as a research tool. I'm glad to hear Dan Levy is back, perhaps he will fix it.

11:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home